Subaru WRX STI vs. Ford Focus RS Head to Head Track Challenge

Subaru WRX STI vs. Ford Focus RS Head to Head Track Challenge

If you are considering a buying a sportier car, you are likely to have thought about how it would perform on the track. With the Subaru WRX Sti 2016, Australia gearheads are likely to be aware that this model is an excellent road vehicle with a rally pedigree, but how does it stack up against the other leading vehicle in its class; the Ford Focus RS? Here we will put them in a head to head comparison challenge. The Practicalities: The models are offered with a similar price tag. The Ford is the more expensive of the two at $50,990 compared to the WRX Sti’s $49,790. In terms of practicality, the Subaru has the largest fuel tank of the two models. It has a 60 litre tank compared to the 51 litre tank on the Focus. The Subaru also features Symmetrical All Wheel Drive, which teams a torque sensing, mechanical viscous limited slip differential with a limited electronic limited centre and front slip differential. This allows for 41 percent of the available torque to be distributed to the front wheels, with the remaining 59 percent going to the rear. There is also an active torque vectoring system, which allows brake force to be applied to the inner front wheel to distribute the torque to the outer front wheel. This system is only in operation when the vehicle dynamic control stability systems is on, or the vehicle is in “track mode.” The Subaru also a DCCD or multi mode driver control centre differential. This allows manual adjustment through six steps of the centre differential lockup. The RS has an all wheel drive system that features dynamic torque vectoring. Ford makes the claim that instead of using the brake system for vectoring effects, there is increasing tractive force used directly on the individual wheels. This allows 70 percent of the available torque to be directed to the rear access with 100 percent delivered to either rear wheel. Head to Head: The Focus RS is fun to drive with a fiery spirit. Unfortunately, if you are pushing hard, there is plenty of grip, until you find that there is no grip. This means that if you are driving too fast, it can leave you in the lurch. This creates an unsettled and fidgety feeling when you are on the track. On the track, the WRX Sti offers an excited driving experience. You can feel connected with the vehicle even on a more challenging track. The steering feels solid with the accurate six speed transmission allowing you ultimate control. The car allows you to feel if you are found something wrong, providing the opportunity to correct before you get into serious trouble. If you are considering a Subaru WRX Sti for sale, you should speak to us. We have an impressive stock of new and quality used Subaru models including the WRX. The City Subaru sales team is available to answer any questions you may have about the Subaru WRX Sti, 2016 Australia spec, and current price deals.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

6 × one =